A southern staple, Callie's South Carolina stone ground grits are milled by hand on an antique mill at Geechie Boy Market and Mill in Edisto.We are excited to offer Callie's Carolina Grits out of Charleston SC. This easy to use homemade grits recipe is sure to deliver the creamiest grits in the carolinas.
Net Weight: 1 lb. (453 g)
Ingredients and Cooking Instructions:
- 3 cups of water (or stock for added flavor)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of grits
- 1/2 cup cream or whole milk to finish.
- Combine water, salt, and butter in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Gently stir in the cup of grits and return to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a slow simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Finish by adding milk or cream
- Salt, pepper, and butter to taste.
- Cheese: Add grated cheese.
- Add Bacon and Ham Add Sugar
Ingredients: Unenriched cracked corn