Spicy Hot Pickled Beets balls are pickled with sugar, vinegar, and spice to provide a wonderful flavor. The tart-sweet taste of pickled beets makes them a natural accompaniment to egg and cheese dishes. Use pickled beets instead of tomatoes to help spice up your winter green salads. Combine baby spinach, pickled beets, orange or tangerine sections and a little red onion. Pickled beets stand up well to the stronger tastes of gourmet greens like arugula and mesclun mixtures. Use pickled beets instead of red peppers in some old Italian favorites. Layer slices of beets and mozzarella on a plate with a little olive oil and basil--add some crusty bread, and lunch is ready. Make pickled beets an addition to your next antipasto platter.
beets, pure cane sugar, vinegar, spice
Product Size: 16 ounces
Blue Ridge Jams Website Address: www.blueridgejams.com
About Blue Ridge Jams:
Made in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, Blue Ridge Jams gourmet specialty food products are made in small batches the old fashioned way and hand stirred to create the an assortment of wonderfully delicious fruit flavors and varieties. Available to purchase online in Wholesale or Bulk Pricing.
For Creative uses of Blue Ridge Jams Products, visit www.blueridgejams.com
- Side Dish or Dip: Simply place our spicy pickled beets as a side dish to your favorite meals, or eat them straight from the jar for an afternoon snack.
- They go great shaved into many simple salads. Tad sweet and tart. Also work as a garnish to go with fish, similar to how pickled ginger is used with sushi.
- Add them to potato salad or macaroni salad, and the whole thing will turn a festive fuchsia! Looks and tastes great.
- Chilled pickled spicy beets and a dab of sour cream are a great side to a hot roast pork sandwich.
- Cold pickled hot beets chopped into sliced cold roasted turnips, with a little fresh dill weed, black pepper, fresh basil, and fresh or dried marjoram, and some creamy horseradish sauce, as a side to a cold lamb sandwich.
- Cold pickled beets, with equal amounts of chilled cucumber and a couple tablespoons of chopped sweet onion, with cracked black pepper and fresh basil, and a couple tablespoons per serving of good olive oil and cider vinegar per serving, make any fresh grilled oily fish (like mackrel, blue fish, salmon, sword fish, orange roughy) sit up and take notice