Butt Kicking Chow Chow is made the old fashioned way using cabbage, habanero peppers, sweet red pepper, onions and a load of tasty spices. In the south, and particularly in the mountains where they grow huge heads of crisp cabbage, chow-chow is a favorite relish to be eaten with a bowl of pinto beans. Unlike most condiments, Chow-Chow retains a chunky (chopped) texture and is not pureed. The taste can be sweet, tangy, hot or a combination thereof. It is typically served cold and like many foods, there are various varieties with an increasing availability of hot versions. This butt kicking chow chow is named as such because of its integration of Habanero Peppers. This is the hottest chow chow we make, and it lives up to its name! It is chopped full of great tasting vegetables and spices.
Size: 16 ounces
Ingredients: Cabbage, Peppers, Onion, Vinegar, Sugar, Spice, Salt
Blue Ridge Jams Website Address: www.blueridgejams.com
About Blue Ridge Jams:
Made in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, Blue Ridge Jams gourmet specialty food products are made in small batches the old fashioned way with pure cane sugar, and hand stirred to create the an assortment of wonderfully delicious fruit flavors and varieties.
- Relish: Butt kicking chow chow can be used in place of your traditional relishes to provide a sweet, hot, spicy twist.
- Pinto Beans and Corn Bread: Just add butt kicking chow chow to your Pinto Beans to add a crisp, flavorful addition.
- Condiment: Add butt kicking chow chow to your deviled eggs, omelets, hamburgers, hot dogs, Bratwurst, BBQ sandwiches, tuna, and stuffed tomatoes.
- Salad Additions: Add a little butt kicking chow chow to your Chicken Salad, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, or Egg Salad.
- Side Dish or Dip: Simply place butt kicking chow chow as a side dish to your favorite meals, or mix with cream cheese or sour cream for a fast dip with chips or pretzels